Monday, April 21, 2008

Make your own little world

Loved, loved, LOVED reading about the publicist at Atria who's constructed his own little world for promoting books. David Brown started another place for authors to shout their book: Dr. Blogstein's Radio Happy Hour debuted on BlogTalkRadio last year.

As galleycat.com says:
"The weekly internet radio program airs live each Tuesday night at 9:00 pm Eastern featuring guests from the worlds of books, movies, current events and music. He even has his own theme song performed by the Long Island Beatles cover band, The Moptops (if you listen carefully, you'll recognize its Dr Robert sped up). With mentions in Page Six, Hardball with Chris Matthews, and the Star Ledger, Brown's alter ego Dr Blogstein is making the news. "This is what I set off to do," says Brown. "The bigger I could make my show, the better venue I would have for my authors. No sense in having a tiny radio show, I want to build it up as big as I can get so they can benefit from it." And with guests like Niki Taylor, Dick Van Patten, Evander Holyfield and Shirley MacLaine, he's doing just that."

Mr. Obie Joe had one client who put her podcasts on a very well-trafficked Second City neighborhood. There are authors who put podcasts of their appearances, or just musings on their myspace pages, or blogs.

But this -- a media outlet all your own? Very cool.

No comments: